No. While all LEDs are more energy efficient than older incandescent lights, they are not all equal. It is important that the lighting you install is best suited for your facility’s lighting needs and your organization’s budget.
- An LED lighting installation uses less input wattage, reducing energy costs up to 90%.
- Only 10% of LEDkWh usage is converted to heat, so your AC bills will be lower.
- LED bulbs last longer and are 100% recyclable with no special disposal requirements, lessening your maintenance expenses.
- LED lights emit no ultra-violet [UV] and little infra-red [IR] light that can damage the eyes or skin, making them safer to use.
- LED lights do not contain high-pressure gases or thin filaments, making them more durable.